The Benefits Of Forest And Ways To Protect Them
The benefits of forests and ways to protect them, the forest is a treasure of nature and a divine gift that God has given us to spread its benefits to us, and a forest is a large group of green trees that may extend to thousands of squares kilometers.
The BENEFITS OF FORESTS is the natural lung of the earth, and it is an important and vital part of the ecosystem in which we live, and any prejudice, is a reason for this imbalance.
Despite the Great Importance of the forest
Despite the great importance of the forest, the world’s forests are constantly decreasing, as a result of various natural factors that affect them. Because of pollutants that cause its death, or because of human actions and its policy to replace forest lands with homes, industrial facilities, homes, and various, or because of drought, earthquakes, volcanoes, and fires.
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, there are about three thousand four hundred and fifty million hectares of land on this planet. That is, six percent of the earth, which is a very small percentage, and it is constantly decreasing, which poses a great threat to the existence of forests, which must be preserved, and more cultivated. From them, and monitor them to protect them from any attack.
Trees are among the main components of the ecosystem that keep them stable. The benefits of forests and ways to protect them.
When trees are found in numbers in the same geographic area it is called “jungle”. Forests cover an area of about a third of the land on Earth, but not all of it is exploited.
But exploiters who are currently present in North America and Europe. And have recently turned attention to the tropical forests of Africa and South America because of their great importance, what is this significance? We discuss the benefits of forests and ways to protect them in detail.
BENEFITS OF FORESTS
- Calming the atmosphere by transpiration and calming the climate: temperatures drop due to evaporation in the leaves.
- Protecting cities, villages, and agricultural areas from strong winds, and breaking their intensity. As they act as windbreaks and reduce their speed, and leads to reducing their negative effects.
- Stopping sand encroachment, and preventing soil erosion and erosion. Tree roots cling to the soil and prevent it from moving from. Its place when exposed to external conditions such as strong winds and heavy rain.
- Reducing human pollution: Trees take carbon dioxide to make their food in photosynthesis and oxygen production.
- The use of wood in times of crisis, and in various industries.
- Reducing avalanches in mountainous areas and reducing flood risks.
- It Providing raw materials to set up some local light industries.
- Some feed for animals and foodstuffs for different organisms and humans.
- Providing job opportunities in some specialized occupations in forests, such as forestry projects and vacations.
- Providing recreational areas for community members. Many of the forests are lovely gardens for the community’s children. And they may also contain nature reserves that help visitors learn about the types of animals and organisms that exist.
- Helping a person to relax as a result of the serenity that he brings to himself.
- Providing a living environment for many organisms and animals, and thus works to protect some animal species from extinction.
Forestry Protection Methods
International efforts must be combined with individual efforts to protect forest trees from destruction. These methods include:
- Protecting forests from deforestation and overgrazing by some community groups, by imposing strict and severe penalties that prevent anyone from approaching trees or trying to cut them.
- Protect trees from fires that may has caused by natural causes such as high temperatures to a large extent. Which ignite dry leaves and twigs. Or may arise from man-made causes such as igniting coal or fire for cooking and leaving. It burning, so that it has protected by spraying the ground with water in During times of high temperatures. Hikers are prohibiting from going to the bonfire only in designated places.
- Encouraging afforestation and taking advantage of desert areas.
- Maintaining clean forests and not throwing waste and dirt that may lead to pollution and damage to trees, such as death and easy uprooting.
The Importance of the Benefits Of Forest
- It is an essential source for filtering the air, producing oxygen, getting rid of carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, precipitation, purifying the atmosphere, removing harmful particles from it, and getting rid of toxic gases.
- It is an important source of renewable energy in nature.
- The land provides a wonderful view, a source of inspiration, and astonishing divine beauty.
- It is a suitable place for walking, having fun, and getting rid of negative energy by thinking of green trees, and a great place to have fun and spend beautiful times.
- It’s maintains the ecological balance, works to control the climate, and prevents global warming.
- It softens the atmosphere, increases humidity in the atmosphere, and contributes to reducing temperature rise.includes among the trees the original germplasm of plants and trees.
- It is a major center and habitat for the ecological biodiversity of animals, birds, and plants that forests call home.
- Forest trees emit volatile substances and oils into the air, which contribute to killing germs and microbes in the air, especially gossip trees, shrubs, cedar forests, pine, poplar, gorse, and myrtle trees.
- Maintains the ozone layer and prevents it from being has punctured.
- It prevents the gathering and repelling of harmful insects and mosquitoes, especially eucalyptus forests.
- It’s reduces wind speed, reduces air pollution due to strong winds, and reduces movement.
- It is an important source of heating fuel through pruned wood.
- It is an important source for making paper, furniture, and obtaining wood.